Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Makes 8 servings
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cold milk
1 1/2 tsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
6 Fuji apples, cored and sliced
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 175 C (350F).
2. To make crust: In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, oil, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until evenly blended. Pat mixture into a 9 inch pie pan, spreading the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides. Crimp edges of the dough around the perimeter.
3. To make pie filling: Mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Spread evenly in unbaked pie shell.
4. To make top crust: Using a pastry cutter, mix together 1/2 cup flour, sugar and butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle over apples.
5. Put pie in the oven on a cookie sheet to catch the juice that may spill over.